The 1-day introductory course, focuses on getting your team started in Data Vault 2.0 Data Modeling. It covers the basics and functions of the Data Vault 2.0 concept. It also contains a hands-on case study to help participants become familiar with the principles and concepts.
The goal of this class is to guide students towards understanding the consequences of the different modeling options when loading data into the enterprise data warehouse, as well as how to derive useful information for the business. Note that this class (or verifiable skills in Data Vault modeling) is a prerequisite for the private certification to a Certified Data Vault 2.0 Practitioner.
This class is only for participants who have never been working with Data Vault before.
This class is officially licensed by the inventor of Data Vault, Dan Linstedt. We are the exclusive partner of Dan Linstedt in Europe and will be provided as live online training.
- DV Modeling constructs
- Common Attributes
- Status tracking
- Delete tracking
- Modeling fr audit trails
- How to change grain
- Detecting Structure Changes
- Business Vault Examples
- Historical Vault Modeling
- How to integrate changes
- Table Overloading
- BK’s in Satellites
- Normalization in staging areas
- Determining Business Key Overlap/Overloading
- Dimensional Modeling (from DV)
This class has been developed by Dan Linstedt, the inventor of Data Vault, and is taught by Michael Olschimke, his co-author on their best-selling book on Data Vault 2.0.
This is a LIVE ONLINE TRAINING including:
- Live video session with the trainer Michael Olschimke
- Livestreaming of the presentation slides and whiteboard
- Interactive Q&A during the whole training session
- Group work organized in Break out rooms by the trainer
- Handouts provided in a printed version for all participants upfront
This class is held in English!
The course materials are in English.
Length: 1 day
Price: 898,00 € + VAT
Instructor: Michael Olschimke (LinkedIn)
Language: English (Course materials are in English)
The platform for the Live online Training will be Zoom Webinars
- Internet-compatible laptop or PC
- Microphone (optional)
- Webcam (optional)
Scalefree International GmbH
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +49 (511) 879 89342
LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
You are certainly interested in Visual Data Vault.
Learn more about this visual modeling language and download the Visio stencil for free.
Please make sure you collect the needed information BEFORE filling out the registration form:
- Correct Company name
- Correct VAT number
- Correct invoice contact (name & email address)
- Purchase Order & number (if needed in your company)