The client was a multinational insurance company whose business activities involved private pension, life and disability insurance, company pension schemes, health insurance and financial/consulting service. They are currently one of the world’s leading insurance companies and asset managers.
About the Client
The company needed an extended scope of the method to cover a full Data Warehouse solution. They also needed an agile, flexible and consistent data warehouse methodology with secure data storage, auditability and data quality for better data retention.
- The insurance company already had a Data Vault approach but they wanted a better understanding for Data Vault 2.0 and a solution with new software based on the DV 2.0 modeling.
- There was no knowledge yet of the newly acquired database and data warehouse automation software.
- To get a clean analysis of business aspects, the company needed support in reviewing the Data Vault models.
- Certain prerequisites for implementing Data Vault were not yet in place.
- There was a lack of structured project management for the implementation of Data Vault 2.0.
The client and Scalefree decided to face these issues together and implement an ideal solution.
The client selected Scalefree as its consulting partner and:
- Revised DV 2.0 standards
- Adapted and expanded the Data Vault 2.0 automation framework
- Gained improved knowledge of the new Data Warehouse Automation softwares
- Successfully transitioned from DV 1.0 to DV 2.0, which encapsulates the growing and changing market and brings true value
- The client adapted technical rules for Data Vault 2.0
- The templates have been adapted for loading DV 2.0
Tangible Results for the Client
The results brought fundamental changes for the company. Namely, the sales team is now able to work better together with the data team. Secondly, each department is able to create its own dashboards which leads to an improved, flexible analysis of business aspects.